Article and photos by Susie Klein
Imagine reaching into your kitchen utensil drawer and ALWAYS knowing EXACTLY where the measuring spoons will be? Or what about the weekly search through your cosmetic supplies to find your tweezers?
Our home organization tip for today is all about the mighty magnet! There are an unlimited number of manufactured magnetic devices available to make home life easier and more convenient. For example, the decorative strip of magnet attached to the refrigerator or wall that is designed to hold your entire collection favorite cooking knives within handy reach. And of course you are familiar with the small magnets that have long been used to hold notes and photos on the front of refrigerators.
But there are many more ways to make magnets work for you in your home every day. Maybe some of these ideas will make your life easier starting today! The tiny super magnet can be purchased in a bundle for less than $5 at your local home improvement or craft store. They are a small button shape that can be used all over your house.
How to use super magnets for home organization:
In the Kitchen
- A super magnet will keep your metal measuring spoons close to the front of the utensil drawer if you attach a magnet to the drawer screw on the inside of the drawer. Simply connect your metal measuring spoons to the magnet and it will always be at your fingertips without even looking!
- Are you tired of searching for those skinny little twisty ties when it is time to keep a bag sealed tight? A small button shaped super magnet will keep them all together when attached to the inside front of your baggie, foil and plastic wrap drawer.
- If you have a favorite cooking knife, it will always be at the right spot when attached with a magnet to the fridge or cook top where it is most needed.
In the Bathroom
- A super magnet can help keep your tweezers just where you need them. Attach a magnet to the magnified mirror or the inside hinges of your medicine cabinet. When it’s time to tweeze, your tool will be right there in front of you every time.
- Small scissors or nail clippers can also be held in place for you with the help of these little magnet wonders.
For all of your other home organization needs, please look around our website and contact us today! Our designers will assist you in customizing your closets, garage, pantry, or home office into your happy place!